I’m currently writing a program that will let me take in all of the DPI’s spreadsheet data, aggregate it, and calculate the state average and ranking for the five main metrics – Overall Score, Student Achievement Score, Student Growth Score, Closing Gaps, and School On-Track and Postsecondary Readiness Score.
However, during debugging the program and getting it ready for release, I’ve found some… issues with the data. Not only are the column headers inconsistent (sometimes it’s called “On-Track”, sometimes it’s called “On Track”), but I’ve also found something completely unexpected:
Apparently, in the 2017-18 school year, the school “Blessed Savior Catholic School” managed to obtain TWO separate rows of scoring data, including two completely different “Exceeds Expectations” Overall Accountability Scores.
What a lucky school, to Exceed Expectations so well, that they get a double score!!!